WHAT IS CHARITEA?
We choose a new ChariTEA (Charity - see what we did there!) every quarter which is close to our hearts. The ChariTEA is nominated by one of our Teabirds, they then choose a tea blend that reflects them or what they support and we donate the profits of the blend to their wonderful cause!
This quarter (April-June) our chosen ChariTEA is 'Brighton Fringe' - a Brighton based charity focused on the uplifting of the arts, & supporting acts from all backgrounds. They were nominated by Danii, the manager of our Brighton Laines store.
He said: "As an ex performer and with so many of my friends still working in the performance industry, I love Brighton Fringe & the amazing work they do because they open the doors to anyone, from any background to be able to showcase their work and talent without boundaries. It really is such an important cause."
The tea Brighton Fringe has chosen as their blend is Cococabana Coola. So every online penny of profit from this blend from April to June will be donated to supporting the running of this incredible organisation! If you buy Cococabana Coola online this quarter, you can enjoy your brew knowing you're doing good too!
A little about Brighton Fringe
Brighton Fringe sets out to stimulate, educate and entertain all year round through a diverse range of events, performances and workshops.
During May, Brighton Fringe welcomes international performers and audiences as it showcases the creative heart and soul of the city and its unique cultural heritage. This vast celebration of the weird, wild and wonderful has grown out of, and is inspired by, home-grown talent. More than 30% of events are put on by artistic companies based in Brighton & Hove.
They are committed to helping the arts flourish. Brighton Fringe is completely open-access, which means anyone can register and put on a Brighton Fringe event as no selection criteria is imposed on participants. This enables both new and established performers to take risks and entertain audiences. They also help artists develop professionally through a range of year-round workshops, mentoring and bursary programmes.
They also work closely with festivals worldwide and international networks such as the World Festival Network and World Fringe Alliance to further support performers in touring, fundraising and developing.
HOW ARE WE SUPPORTING THEM?
- Donating profits from our tea Cococabana Coola online.
- Donate A Cuppa at checkout - just add the cost of a cuppa and make a change, 50% goes to our chariTEA of the quarter, and 50% goes to current issues!
- Donation set up in all our local stores - easy to do and makes a big difference.
- Instagram takeover - on April 6th, Brighton Fringe will be in charge of our Instagram!
- Bursary sponsor - we have 2 Bird & Blend bursaries, which have helped performers get shows in the Fringe, we were thrilled for the winners and can't wait to see their shows.
- Tea supplier to Fringe venues.
- Competitions - we will be running one competition a week to win tickets to the bursary winners shows throughout April, finishing with an extra one in the final week.
For up to date announcements on the above events, how to get involved, and anything else we might be brewing up, check out our social media channels.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
The easiest way to support is to buy Cococabana Coola or donate some of your cuppa at the checkout but there are lots of other things you can do to help them out. You can help spread the word by sharing posts on social media, go to the shows or volunteer yourself. If you want to find out more information about this charity and how you can get involved click here.