Matcha makes an amazing addition to baked goods, and muffins are no exception. This recipe will bring them both together, with some white chocolate thrown in. Perfect to go with a chocolate cuppa as well.
Let's get baking!
What you will need:
- 320g plain flour
- 15g Pure Grade Matcha
- 150g light brown sugar
- 300g white chocolate chips
- 180g coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 300ml milk, warmed
- Large sugar crystals
- Pinch of fine sea salt
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180 °C and line your muffin tray with muffin cases.
- In a medium bowl, sieve the plain flour, matcha, fine sea salt and baking powder. Mix well to ensure all the ingredients are evenly mixed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly whisk together the sugar, milk and coconut oil until creamed.
- Slowly and gently start adding the dry ingredients to the wet mix, making sure not to add too much at once. Now add the chocolate chips into the mixture and mix in well.
- Equally spoon amounts of the batter into the muffin cases. Fill them to the brim and make sure they’re all even. Roughly sprinkle the tops with sugar crystals.
- Bake the muffin mix in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the tops are starting to brown.
- When ready, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Why not try the recipe with alternative matcha flavours...