We are thrilled to be working with the Tate to create a custom blend inspired by the work of Japanese contemporary artist Yayoi Kusama to complement her Infinity Mirror Rooms exhibition.
Shimmer is a super sparkly blend. Packed full of cherries that brews a pinky red and smells & tastes just like cherry pie. It also contains gold sprinkles that shimmer when brewed. The blend can be enjoyed iced, hot or cold brewed and can even be enjoyed with a splash of coconut milk.
The blend is sold in their gift shops in unique cube packaging inspired by Kusama’s designs, as well as being served in the Tate restaurant as a cocktail as part of their dining experience based on her work, find the recipe below!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of Shimmer Tea
- A Brewdini Gravity Steeper
- 50ml Gin
- 50ml cranberry juice
- A cocktail cherry
- Sugar syrup to rim the glass edge
- Hundreds and thousands
- A martini glass
- A cocktail shaker
WHAT TO DO:
- Start off by making your tea concentrate by putting 2 Perfect Tea Spoons of your Shimmer tea into your Brewdini.
- Fill your Brewdini with 100ml of boiling water.
- Allow it to brew for 4 minutes.
- Decant into your mug or glass, this now your tea concentrate.
- Rim the martini glass with syrup, taking care to just get the edge.
- Dip and twist it into hundreds and thousands.
- Add the tea concentrate, cranberry juice and gin to your cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake, shake, shake!
- Strain the contents into the rimmed glass carefully avoiding any of the ice pouring in!
- Garnish with a cocktail cherry.
The shimmer tea can also be enjoyed hot, as a lovely warming cuppa too.
You can try the Tate Modern’s limited edition Shimmer CosmopoliTEAn, as part of their dining experience based on her work until the end of the exhibition, and also purchase the blend in the TATE store as well.
The exhibit is booking until the 2nd April 2023 and running until the 28th August 2023.
The blend is available in our online store too!