As temperatures rise, iced tea becomes the ultimate refresher. This timeless drink has a storied history, dating back to its accidental discovery at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair. Richard Blechynden realised that the summer heat meant that no one wanted hot tea, so he ran the tea through iced lead pipes and it was a hit! Nowadays, iced tea is synonymous with summer, and we can’t help but love it!
To learn how to make your own, keep reading…
What you need:
- 2-4 Perfect Tea Spoons of loose-leaf tea, we recommend any of the teas in our Cold Brew Collection
- A Brewdini
- Hot water
- Ice cubes
- Water or lemonade
- Optional sweeteners or garnish like syrups, lemon slices or mint
What to do:
- Add your tea to your Brewdini
- Top up with 100ml of hot water, following the brewing instructions on temperature
- Allow to steep then drain, this is your concentrate
- You can then pour this over ice and top it up with either water or lemonade
- Add sweeteners or garnish if desired
If you make your own iced tea, be sure to tag us on socials @birdandblendtea!