To celebrate the theme of this week, we have another recipe! This time from the Store Manager of our Brighton North Laine store - Danii!
Danii whipped up these dreamy vegan matcha cookies, and we can’t wait for you to try them! Find the recipe below!
- 270g flour
- 100g of sugar
- 85g of vegan white chocolate chips
- 240ml of maple syrup
- 180ml of oil
- 3 perfect matcha spoons of Pure Grade Matcha (or a matcha of your choice)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180°c
- Grab a medium bowl, and in it pop your matcha, salt, sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Whisk all together or use a fork to combine (make sure to sieve your dry ingredients to avoid clumps!)
- In a separate bowl, add the vanilla, oil and maple syrup and mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients and the wet, then stir once or twice, just to get them together, but avoid over mixing.
- Add in the vegan chocolate chips and fold them through - the mixture can get quite thick but again try to avoid over mixing whilst spreading the chips through the dough.
- Take a tray, and line with baking paper, then use a tablespoon to dollop out cookies. There should be about 20-24 when you are done!
- Using clean hands, press down on the dollops to give them more of a cookie shape, they will not flatten out much during cooking, so this is an important step!
- Pop the cookies in the oven for 11-12 minutes (as they are green it can be hard to see that they are done! But you don’t want it to exceed 12 minutes!)
- Allow your cookies to cool on a wire rack for 1-2 minutes.
If you want more baking with tea recipes, they can be found here! Be sure to tag us @birdandblendtea if you do make anything - we love to see!