Delve into the most delectable Raspberry Apple Pie tea infused pancakes - to be enjoyed on a Saturday morning, with a cuppa!
This fantastic tea infused recipe was created by Audrey, you can check out her beautiful work at @amknizekphoto on Instagram!
Makes a generous stack of tea infused pancakes!
What you will need:
- 3 Perfect Tea Spoons of Raspberry Apple Pie tea (This is a seasonal tea, so may not be available right this second!)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups any milk of your choosing (we used almond milk)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
What to do:
1. Melt the butter in microwave for 30 seconds and set aside.
2. Heat the milk in a shallow saucepan with the tea. Once the milk comes to a boil, remove from heat and allow the tea to infuse for 10 minutes
3. Strain the tea from the milk and set the milk aside
4. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
5. Whisk 1 ½ cups of the milk and egg together in a separate bowl.
6. Create a well in the centre of the flour mixture. Pour the butter, vanilla, and milk mixture into the well.
7. Use a wire whisk to stir everything together until just combined. It will be slightly thick and lumpy, but should be well incorporated. Allow the batter to rest while heating a lightly oiled skillet or griddle to medium high heat.
8. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
9. Cook each side for 3-6 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
10. Enjoy your tea infused pancakes with a drizzle of syrup, fresh fruit on top or even a scoop of ice cream! Pop the kettle on and enjoy it with your fave brew!