Who else loves doughnuts?! Well, we've taken it to the next level with these Easter Egg Nests Doughnuts, you can also do this with our Cream Egg tea. We will definitely be making another batch in time for Easter!
This amazing recipe was created by Tea Rep: Audrey
What you will need:
For the doughnuts:
- 3 Perfect Tea Spoons of Easter Egg Nests tea
- 260g all-purpose flour
- 45g granulated sugar
- 45g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 180ml milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 65g sprinkles
- Cooking spray
For the frosting:
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 170g semisweet chocolate chopped
What to do:
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 350° F and coat a doughnut pan with cooking spray.
- Next, melt the butter and let 2 spoonfuls of your Easter Egg Nests steep in the butter for 10 minutes. Strain the tea from the butter. Then, steep the third spoonful in the milk for 10 minutes.
- Place the flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Then, add the eggs, butter, milk and vanilla extract to the bowl. Stir again until smooth.
- Place the batter in a piping bag or freezer bag. Snip off the tip of the bag with scissors and pipe the batter into the wells of the pan. Reserve the remaining batter for the second batch.
- Bake the doughnuts for 10 minutes in the oven, let them rest for 3 minutes, and then remove them from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- Wipe the pan with a paper towel and coat with cooking spray. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Once all of your doughnuts have cooked, let them cool. Whilst that is happening, we are going to make the frosting!
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate, heavy cream and vanilla together until combined. Then, when your doughnuts are cool, dip each doughnut into either the chocolate. Top with sprinkles.
- Let the doughnuts sit for about 15 minutes until the frosting has started to firm up, then serve!
If you follow any of our recipes we would love to see! Please share and tag us @birdandblendtea.