This marvellous antioxidant-rich potion, with activated charcoal, creates a magical matcha latte. This matcha powder brews black, meaning it's a perfect Halloween drink, or just a great goth upgrade to your morning matcha!
Follow our simple, yet spectacular Black Magic Matcha latte recipe to create your own to enjoy the benefits of these wonderful ingredients.
What you will need:
- 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Black Magic Matcha
- Bamboo Matcha Whisk
- 100ml of 80° water
- 100ml of milk (we like to use coconut)
- 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of honey (or vegan alternative)
What to do:
- Add 1 Perfect Matcha Spoon of Black Magic Matcha into your mug (or you could use a bowl).
- Add a little 80° water (if you don’t have a fancy kettle, then just add a splash of cold water before you add the hot) and whisk well, ensuring you get rid of any clumps. The best way of doing this, and the traditional way, is to use a Bamboo Matcha Whisk – but you can also use a handheld matcha foamer.
- When smooth, top up the cup halfway with 80° water. To enjoy as a hot tea latte, follow the next step. To enjoy as an iced latte, go to step 6.
- Add 1 Perfect Tea Spoon of honey (or vegan alternative) to your matcha.
- Then take your 100ml of milk and gently heat it, making using your Handheld Frother to make sure it's nice and frothy.
- Add your milk to your tea, stirring as you go and ensure you get a nice, big dollop of frothy milk on the top. (To enjoy cold, fill a glass halfway with ice, pour the hot matcha on top and fill up the rest of the glass with a milk of your choice.)
Warning: Activated charcoal can interfere with medication. We recommend that you wait at least 3 hours after taking medication before consuming the matcha. This also applies to the contraceptive pill.